Marygreen Manor Brentwood Essex
|Tel No.||01277 225 252|
|Opening Times||Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, contact venue for further details|
|Facilities||Parking • Function Room • Garden • Bar/Lounge|
Average user rating from: 2 user(s)
The restaurant is named The Tudors at The Marygreen Manor and is based just outside Brentwood High Street. It has a large car park which was completely full yesterday lunch time, but I can certainly see why, it is absolutely breathtaking inside. I cannot recall the last time I went to a restaurant that looked so old but still so well maintained. The Tudors has had 2 AA Rosettes for as long as I can remember, the food and the service were without fault. We went for the set price lunch menu which included some of the best Crab Cakes I have ever tasted, served with Pumpkin Salsa. The main course of Lamb Shank was cooked well, but paired with an olive sauce that was ok, it just did not blow me away. The wine waiter was able to recommend a delicious Rioja to accompany the Lamb - which was amazing, I wish I had remembered to ask the name of it! All served with individual portions of fresh vegetables at no extra charge. Dessert of Apple Tarte Tatin was another absolute winner, delicious.
My guest and I were then led through to the lounge to sit in front of a real log fire where we were served coffee in comfortable armchairs. Apparently I could then have ordered from their Whisky Trolley!!!!
Treat yourself, go visit.
Afternoon Tea - a mixed bag
Afternoon tea at Marygreen Manor is a mixed affair of good and bad.
-Waiting staff are very helpful, polite and very well trained.
- Food is great, although not plentiful, restrained but tasty.
- Quite busy with business people and locals combined, nice ambience.
- We went with a group with prams and they had made a very good effort to ensure we had enough room - although they were pre-warned.
- Very good value.
- Overpriced champagne by the glass (flat and old, we should have complained) but by the bottle is reasonable.
- Front of house staff were rude and unhelpful. Disappointing as the waiting staff were so accommodating.
- No baby changing facilities, but this may be because we couldn't find the disabled toilets. The toilets were, however, very clean and luxurious!
Would I go again? Absolutely.